The Guinea Development Foundation, is a non-profit corporation which seeks to improve the nation's preventative, primary and emergency health care services and to develop sustainable plans for the delivery of such service, with particular emphasis on Guinea's under-served, rural areas.
Since its inception in 1988, The Guinea Development Foundation has dedicated itself to the social and economic progress of Guinea. Recognizing the important relationship between good health and national progress, the Foundation has sought the cooperation of individuals and organizations in the promotion of modern health care services in the rural sectors where the needs are greatest. Its program for action is fivefold:
1. Education of rural populations in basic preventive measures related to health.
2. Establishment of rural treatment and inoculation centers.
3. Adaptation of successful health care programs from other countries to local conditions.
4. Training of local health care providers.
5. AIDS education and prevention.
140 West End Avenue, New York, NY, USA